Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Natural, drug- and surgery-free
Effective chiropractic treatment for carpal tunnel pain in Singapore
An important part of chiropractic treatment for carpal tunnel pain is diagnosing the underlying cause of the problem, which requires a high level of skill.
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) gets its name from the carpal bones in the wrist that connect the hand to the forearm.
CTS occurs when the median nerve going into the hand from the neck becomes compressed. It’s often caused by excessive pressure on the wrist and the nerve, which can result in inflammation and swelling.
Occasionally, though, a pinched nerve in the neck can cause pain in the wrist and hand, although it’s more common for a nerve problem in the wrist to result in pain in the neck or elbow.
Knowing if you’re suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome
Possible causes of carpal tunnel syndrome
Conditions associated with carpal tunnel pain include:
- Trauma to the wrist
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Fluid retention from menopause or pregnancy
- High blood pressure
CTS can be aggravated if the wrist is repeatedly overextended, which worsens compression and swelling of the median nerve. Activities that can make carpal tunnel syndrome worse include:
- Incorrect positioning of the wrists when using a computer keyboard or mouse.
- Prolonged use of vibrating power tools.
- Any repeated movements like typing or playing the piano.
Lifestyle factors that can increase the likelihood of CTS include:
- A sedentary routine
- High salt intake
- High body mass index (BMI)
Are these what you've been experiencing?
Don't endure the pain any longer.
Signs and symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
Symptoms of CTS typically start gradually and include tingling or numbness that comes and goes in the arm, index and middle fingers, and thumb. It can cause pain in the wrist and palm of the hand. Your hand may also become weak, leading to a tendency to drop things.
CTS mostly affects people aged 30 to 60 and is more common among women.
Without treatment, CTS can result in:
- Prolonged weakness and lack of co-ordination of the fingers and thumb.
- Atrophy – wasting away – of the thumb muscles.
- Permanent damage to the median nerve.
Natural remedies for carpal tunnel syndrome
Non-drug remedies for carpal tunnel pain relief include:
- Hand and wrist exercises
- Vitamin supplements
Are you suffering from a pain?
Chiropractic may be just what you need to alleviate it.
Chiropractic for carpal tunnel pain relief
The median nerve originates in the cervical spine, and our skilled chiropractor can diagnose any problems in the spinal vertebrae – such as a slipped (herniated) disc – that may be causing compression of this nerve, leading to CTS.
Our chiropractic adjustment techniques for the cervical spine include:
- Direct thrust. This form of spinal manipulation applies direct hand pressure to the affected area. The chiropractor employs short, quick movements to realign vertebrae.
- Spinal decompression. This procedure can help to fix nerve interference in the spine to alleviate pain and encourage healing in the wrist. This treatment involves the use of a traction table or similar machine.
Our chiropractor for carpal tunnel problems can also treat CTS with gentle manipulation of the wrist. Elbow manipulation can also be beneficial in chiropractic treatment for carpal tunnel issues. Techniques for wrist and elbow treatment include:
- Myofascial release. This manipulates muscles and other soft tissue to improve blood circulation and flexibility.
- Trigger point therapy. This manual compression and stretching addresses problems of tight areas of muscle tissue.
Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic
He minimises the cost of his carpal tunnel therapy by keeping his practice small, which also allows him to provide personal care for his patients, drawing up a customized treatment plan for each of them.
Dr Liew’s proficient in various chiropractic techniques to remedy CTS, including direct thrust, spinal traction, myofascial release, and trigger point therapy. He’ll also give you free advice on exercises to help keep CTS at bay once he’s fixed the problem.Dr Liew attained his Doctorate of Chiropractic from the Northwestern College of Chiropractic in Minnesota in the US and is regarded as a chiropractic innovator in Singapore.
Let us know how we can be of help. You may either give us a call or send us a form.
Chiropractic Health and
Wellness Clinic Pte Ltd
8 Eu Tong Sen Street
#11-84 The Central
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 8.30am – 7pm
(Lunch: 12nn – 2pm)
Wed: 8.30am – 12nn
Sat: 8.30am – 1pm
Sun: 8.30am – 11.30am
Closed during public holidays