Chiro for elbow
Natural, drug- and surgery-free
Safe and effective elbow pain treatment in Singapore
Chiropractic elbow pain treatment provides relief from conditions like tennis elbow without the dubious use of steroid injections.
For many years, severe elbow pain was routinely treated with injections of the steroid cortisone, a powerful anti-inflammatory.
However, clinical evidence now indicates that cortisone injections can cause significant long-term damage to tendon tissue and cells.
Problems like tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow can be frustrating as well as painful, making even simple jobs extremely difficult.
Elbow pain is often due to tennis elbow, which affects one-third of people at some point in their lives.
Tennis elbow, which results in pain on the outer sides of the elbow, is medically known as lateral epicondylitis. It’s also referred to as tendonitis, because tendons swell and become painful after trauma.
Contrary to the condition’s popular name, you can get tennis elbow without ever picking up a racquet.
Tennis elbow can develop through any activity that puts repeated stress on the joint. It frequently happens after strenuous use of tendons and muscles in the forearm, near the elbow joint. For instance, you can get tennis elbow from activities such as gardening or carpentry.
Symptoms indicating that tennis elbow treatment may be required include:
- Pain in the forearm, just beneath the bend of the elbow.
- Difficulty bending or lifting your arm.
- Problems with gripping small objects like a pen.
- Difficulty twisting your forearm, such as turning a door handle or opening a jar.
- Pain when you fully extend your arm.
Are these what you've been experiencing?
Don't endure the pain any longer.
Golfer’s elbow is less common than tennis elbow. Just as you don’t have to play tennis to get tennis elbow, you can develop golfer’s elbow without ever touching a golf club.
Golfer’s elbow is technically known as medial epicondylitis, a condition caused by constant tight gripping or repeated bending of the wrist. These activities result in tendons of the forearm muscles attaching to the elbow bone.
Symptoms of golfer’s elbow include:
- Soreness on the inner side of the elbow, sometimes extending to the forearm.
- Stiffness of the elbow.
- Weakness in the wrists and hands.
- Tingling or numbness that can spread to the fingers.
Natural golfer’s and tennis elbow pain treatments
Without treatment, pain from golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow can continue for several months or even longer. This is because tendons heal slowly, making it difficult to do basic everyday tasks such as turning a key in a door.
People with elbow pain who want to avoid potentially harmful steroids are increasingly turning to alternative forms of treatment.
Natural, drug-free solutions for elbow pain relief include:
- Ice treatment
- Exercise programmes
- Myofascial release
- Joint manipulation
Are you suffering from a pain?
Chiropractic may be just what you need to alleviate it.
Chiropractic techniques for elbow pain relief
Our chiropractic techniques for elbow pain treatment include:
- Myofascial release. This takes the form of therapeutic massage to ease pain and restore mobility of the elbow. It uses gentle pressure with sustained strokes to separate layers of fascia – connective tissue – that have adhered to surrounding tissue. These strokes are applied in the same direction as the muscle fibre to help the muscle achieve its full range of motion.
- Trigger point therapy. Elbow pain can stem from trigger points – tight bands of muscle tissue. Trigger point therapy eases pain and restores muscles to full function with the use of special massage techniques, manual compression, and stretching.
Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic
If you’re suffering from elbow problems and are wary of conventional treatments such as steroids, you don’t have to soldier on in pain.
Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic in Singapore has been relieving elbow pain for 20 years with natural, drug-free therapies.
The holistic approach to elbow therapy adopted by Dr Liew is aimed not solely at pain relief but preventing a recurrence of the problem. Nevertheless, he’ll use the best chiropractic techniques to alleviate pain quickly so you can resume your normal life.
Also, you’d receive advice on exercises you can do yourself to ease elbow pain and help to avoid it in the future.
Dr Liew’s well qualified to provide chiropractic treatment for elbow problems and other painful conditions. He holds a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Northwestern College of Chiropractic in Minnesota in the US.
Let us know how we can be of help. You may either give us a call or send us a form.
Chiropractic Health and
Wellness Clinic Pte Ltd
8 Eu Tong Sen Street
#11-84 The Central
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 8.30am – 7pm
(Lunch: 12nn – 2pm)
Wed: 8.30am – 12nn
Sat: 8.30am – 1pm
Sun: 8.30am – 11.30am
Closed during public holidays