The chiro care for all
Natural, drug- and surgery-free
The complete specialist chiropractic centre in Singapore that will put you on the path to health and happiness
Our complete specialist chiropractic centre can help people suffering from chronic pain to get their life back on track. Chiropractic therapy benefits patients by providing natural pain relief – no surgery or drugs.
Chronic pain can last for weeks or in many cases years. It can significantly impair a sufferer’s quality of life, making even the simplest of tasks – like getting dressed in the morning – a time-consuming and frustrating process.
Further, long-lasting pain can increase the risk of mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression. This is because a body enduring persistent pain is constantly firing stress signals to the brain. This can result in a vicious circle that’s hard to break – constant pain resulting in depression, and the depression itself heightening the perception of pain.
Therefore, treatment to ease the pain is needed. And the options include:
- Prescription or over-the-counter medication
- Electrical nerve-stimulation therapy
- Meditation and relaxation techniques
- Heat and cold therapy
- Manipulation and massage
Couldn't quite decide if chiropractic suits you?
Let us help address your concerns.
Chiropractic treatment is a natural remedy for pain
Many people suffering from persistent pain who’ve found traditional treatments to be ineffective turn to our chiropractic practice. These individuals are also often concerned about the danger of addiction with narcotics.
Chiropractic focuses on the connection between the structure of the body (chiefly the spine) and its functionality as co-ordinated by the nervous system, which sends and receives signals to and from different parts of the body.
Manipulation (aka adjustment) of the spine is central to treatment by a chiropractic physician. Besides spinal manipulation therapy, chiropractors also use other treatments that include manipulation of joints and soft tissue.
The word “chiropractic” is a combination of the Greek for hand (cheir) and practice (praxis). The first chiropractic treatment centre was established in the 1890s in the USA by Canadian-born Daniel David Palmer, who described it as a science of healing without drugs.
Chiropractic alleviates wide-ranging pains
Our chiropractic centre can help many conditions and increase the quality and range of movement in the area being treated. We restore the structural integrity of the spine to ease pressure on sensitive neurological tissue and reinforce the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
The benefits of chiropractic treatment include alleviation of pain in muscles, bones, and joints in:
- The back
Our chiropractic clinic can also treat:
- Leg pain
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Sports injuries
- Injuries from car accidents
- Arthritic pain
Chiropractic treatment techniques that are often sought by people suffering long-term pain include:
- Manipulation of the spine to alleviate upper and lower back pain. Our experienced chiropractic practitioner makes adjustments to the spine with hand thrusts or with a small hand-held instrument to improve mobility and reduce stiffness.
- Massage for muscle spasms in the back caused by muscle fatigue, improper stretching or irritation of the nerves controlling the spinal joints and discs.
- Myofascial release, active release techniques, and trigger point therapy to treat conditions like tennis elbow, when pain is caused by tightness and sensitivity in the myofascial tissues that support muscles.
Are you suffering from a pain?
Chiropractic may be just what you need to alleviate it.
Improving your health and wellbeing with chiropractic
In a 2016 survey in the US, 95% of chiropractic patients testified that their treatment had been effective. Additionally, other research has found that chiropractic outperforms all other back pain treatments.
The spinal adjustments used in chiropractic not only provide pain relief but improve your overall health. Taking care of your spine benefits your entire nervous system, and, therefore, your whole body.
Here are just a few ways that chiropractic treatment can help to make your life better:
- Relieving stress. When your nervous system and muscular and skeletal organisation are out of kilter, your body will likely feel misaligned, causing mental as well as physical stress. Once your body is back in balance through chiropractic therapy, you’ll feel more relaxed, and this sends a positive signal to your brain, enabling you to handle stress better.
- Improving posture. Chiropractic adjustments can improve your posture by addressing the problem of abnormal spinal curvature, particularly in the neck.
- Improving mood. Chiropractic treatment can help people suffering from depression caused by chemical imbalances. Chiropractic therapy helps to balance your body’s entire system, including its chemistry.
- Helping your immune system. A chiropractic specialist can help your body to resist infections by fixing spinal subluxations (partial dislocations) that prevent the nervous system from working properly in conjunction with the immune system.
- Getting a good night’s sleep. Many sleep problems are related to stress and pain. Addressing these issues with chiropractic care can help to improve your sleep quality and ensure you get the rest you need every night.
Are these what you've been experiencing?
Don't endure the pain any longer.
Chiropractic care promotes healthier pregnancy
Several physiological changes happen during pregnancy that can lead to a misaligned spine or joints. Chiropractic treatment for pregnant women is particularly beneficial to establish pelvic balance, allowing the baby to get in the optimum position for delivery.
Chiropractic during pregnancy can also:
- Control symptoms of nausea.
- Maintain a healthier pregnancy.
- Reduce the time of labour and delivery.
- Relieve back, neck, and joint pain.
- Help prevent a potential caesarean delivery.
Compared with other treatment options, chiropractic therapy often provides a more affordable alternative. For instance, the cost of chiropractic treatment that we provide for adults and children is $96 and $86 respectively. Nevertheless, intensive or advanced procedures may add to the expense, as will the frequency of visits required by your chiropractic treatment plan.
Chiropractic aids child growth
Chiropractic is a safe and effective treatment that can enhance the wellbeing of children, especially in the development years. Benefits of chiropractic for children include:
- Promoting proper growth and lessening the risk of health problems such as indigestion, heartburn, and allergies.
- Allowing the nervous system and spine to grow without interference.
- Improving the immune and digestive systems to guard against constipation and colic.
- Encouraging brain and nerve development to prevent issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Sports enthusiasts can gain from chiropractic too
If you take part in sporting activities regularly, your body is more susceptible to aches and pains. Repeated stresses can result in impaired movement of joints and spinal bones, which can interfere with the working of muscles and nerves.
Our chiropractic pain management clinic can benefit sports enthusiasts with ankle, knee, shoulder, neck, elbow, back, and hip problems.
Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic
Local chiropractor Dr Liew is a chiropractic pioneer in Singapore. He set up Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic in 1998, following the establishment of the profession here in 1978 and the formation of The Chiropractic Association (Singapore) in the 80s.
Dr Liew has kept his practice small, so he can provide personal and affordable chiropractic care for his patients. He offers all types of chiropractic treatments but specialises in scoliosis – when the spine curves and twists to the side – and body reshaping.
As a holistic chiropractor, Dr Liew will always apply the most effective and efficient methods to ease your pain as quickly as possible to allow you to get on with your life in comfort.
This approach also helps to keep the cost of treatment as low as possible. As a free value-added service, Dr Liew can advise you on general health, nutrition, and stretching exercises.
If Dr Liew believes chiropractic won’t help you, he’ll tell you so to save you from wasting your time and money.
Even after attaining his Doctorate of Chiropractic from the Northwestern College of Chiropractic in Minnesota in the US, Dr Liew still does his own chiropractic research and regularly attends conferences to sharpen his extensive skills and keep up to speed with advances in chiropractic treatment methods and technologies.
Your family-friendly local chiropractic clinic
Chiropractic Health and Wellness Clinic is a family chiropractic centre. As a specialist in scoliosis, family chiropractor Dr Liew helps many children who develop the condition. Scoliosis can affect people at any age but is most prevalent among youngsters aged 10 to 15. Dr Liew’s family chiropractic care can also assist children with problems such as colic, irritability, poor sleeping habits, and digestion issues.
That said, this family chiropractic clinic treats patients from all age groups and all walks of life. It provides an affordable, non-invasive, and drug-free approach to pain relief and prevention.
Is a chiropractor a doctor?
Yes and no! According to Singapore’s Ministry of Health, chiropractors can’t present themselves as medical practitioners – they provide alternative healthcare. However, chiropractors with a Doctor of Chiropractic degree maintain that the “Dr” prefix is perfectly legitimate. Singapore’s Chiropractic Association itself refers to “Doctors of Chiropractic”.
Is chiropractic safe?
According to the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractic is widely recognised as one of the safest therapies for treating neuromusculoskeletal problems. The risks associated with chiropractic are minimal. Some patients may experience mild soreness that usually fades within 24 hours of treatment.
How long does a chiropractic treatment session take?
Your first treatment session will take 20 – 40 minutes, including consultation and examination. Subsequent visits will take 10 – 20 minutes for relief care, corrective care, and maintenance care.
How many chiropractic adjustment sessions are needed to see results?
The number of treatment sessions required depends on the complexity of the problem and varies from patient to patient. Generally, 4 – 6 visits are necessary. While pain relief is important, so is complete chiropractic to correct the underlying dysfunction to prevent it recurring.
When should I stop receiving chiropractic treatment?
When there’s no more pain, or after 6 to 8 weeks without seeing any signs of the effectiveness of chiropractic treatment. However, many people make chiropractic a lifestyle choice, like exercise and proper nutrition. Periodic checks are advisable.
Are there any pains that chiropractic can reduce but not treat entirely?
Chiropractic can ease pain from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and in cases of severe tissue degeneration. It can also be beneficial after surgery.
Are there any pains that chiropractic can’t address?
Chiropractic is not appropriate for treating tumours, fractures, genetic problems, or psychiatric disorders. Neither can it help with dental problems, although it can treat jaw ailments resulting from a misaligned bite.
I have been receiving treatment from Dr Liew for over 3 years. He is polite, sincere, and shows empathy. He will always put in his best effort in trying to relieve his patients of pain.
Before seeing Dr Liew, I felt life was miserable and meaningless because of the constant, great pain I was suffering from.
However, now I can work, go about my leisurely pursuits, and live normally without the regular need for aid.
I am truly fortunate to have met Dr Liew because he has given me back my life again! He is our generation’s Hua Tuo!
Let us know how we can be of help. You may either give us a call or send us a form.
Chiropractic Health and
Wellness Clinic Pte Ltd
8 Eu Tong Sen Street
#11-84 The Central
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 8.30am – 7pm
(Lunch: 12nn – 2pm)
Wed: 8.30am – 12nn
Sat: 8.30am – 1pm
Sun: 8.30am – 11.30am
Closed during public holidays